Pupil PremiumInformation on how to download and import the DfE file and update your pupil premium flags within sims
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers.
Ever 6 Free School Meals (FSM)
The pupil premium for 2018 to 2019 will include pupils recorded in the January 2018 school census who are known to have been eligible for FSM since May 2012, as well as those first known to be eligible at January 2018.
Children adopted from care or who have left care
The pupil premium for 2018 to 2019 will include pupils recorded in the January 2018 school census and alternative provision census, who were looked after by an English or Welsh local authority immediately before being adopted, or who left local authority care on a special guardianship order or child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order). These are collectively referred to as post-LAC in these conditions of grant.
Ever 6 service child
For the purposes of these grant conditions, Ever 6 service child means a pupil recorded in the January 2018 school census who was eligible for the service child premium since the January 2013 census as well as those recorded as a service child for the first time on the January 2018 school census. The grant will be allocated as set out in sections 4, 5 and 6 below. Where national curriculum year groups do not apply to a pupil, the pupil will attract PPG if aged 4 to 15 as recorded in the January 2018 school census.
** Pupil Premium data is available for download on the 2018-19 Key To Success page of the DfE Secure Access site **
Updating Pupil Premium
There are three ways to update the Pupil Premium indicator on student records within SIMS.
1. Download and import Pupil Premium data from the Key to Success website
- Download and save the pupil premium file from the Key to Success aspect of the DfE Secure Access Site
- In SIMS, navigate to Tools | Pupil Premium | Import
- Tick all of the boxes in panel 1 and 2
- In panel 3 open the browse folder option and point to where you have saved the file, open and import.
- Reports can be ran via Tools | Pupil Premium | Maintain
- N.B this file contains the students taken in your school census which the DfE will provide funding for, your school may wish to add in students that have become PP after the January census Date.
2. Input Pupil Premium indicators via bulk update:
- Ensure SIMS.net is open, then navigate to Routines | Pupil | Bulk Update
- In the Student Population field, select Group Type – Year Group, Group – Any, Effective Date today
- In the Update Data Item field, select Data Item Pupil Premium Indicator, Effective Date – today
- From the previously ran reports select a Yes tick for the eligible students and save
3. Input the Pupil Premium indicator via the individual student record:
- Ensure SIMS.net is open, then navigate to Student Details
- Search for a Pupil Premium eligible student (using previously ran reports)
- Select the Additional Information panel
- Record a tick in the Pupil Premium indicator for the appropriate academic year.
Please check the DfE guidance for further clarification of the Pupil Premium requirements : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pupil-premium-information-for-schools-and-alternative-provision-settings
If you have any queries, please contact the MIS Helpdesk on 0191 4338525 (option 1) or vai email at MIS@gateshead.gov.uk