KS2 Test download from NCA Tools
Possible problem when downloading CTF files from websites
We understand that some schools are having problems when importing assessment CTF files that were downloaded from a government website. Our investigations indicate that the problem is caused by the CTF filename being ‘corrupted’ on download. When a file of the same name already exists in an internet browser’s download folder the browser often adds something to the end of the filename to differentiate the files, e.g. (1) or ~1. The spurious characters at the end of the CTF filename will need to be removed for a successful import into SIMS
KS2 Test Download
The pupil results section of the NCA tools will open on Tuesday 10th July for schools and local authorities to view children’s results for the 2018 Key Stage 2 national curriculum tests.
Children’s results will be available to download, view and print, although all results are provisional and will be finalised during the usual checking procedure during the 2018 autumn term.
Schools will be able to download results in a Common Transfer Format (CTF) file that can be imported into SIMS rather than entered manually. This will allow children’s reports to be generated quickly and for updated CTF transfer files to be sent on to secondary schools.
Please follow the steps below to import these into SIMS.net :
- Browse to NCA Tools Website: https://ncatools.education.gov.uk/
- Login using your NCA Tools username and password (this will have been used to order the SATS tests)
- You will be able to view the pupil’s test results, and also download the test results in different formats.
To download the KS2 Test results
- Select Pupil Results from the choices on the top panel.
- Select Download Key Stage 2 Results on the left hand panel
- Select Combined file containing all subjects
- File Format select CTF
- Click on Download. On the windows pop up box click save as on the drop down box
- When asked to specify a location where to save this file, save to I:/SIMS|Star/CTFIN or your designated CTF import folder.
- Say Yes to the overwrite previous file warning box.
Import into SIMS
- Open SIMS and select Routines | Data In | CTF | Import CTF | Add KS2 for Existing Pupils Only
- In panel 2, browse to your CTF import folder and select your KS2 download file.
- Leave the effective date as today’s date.
- Select Import CTF
- To check your KS2 Test data has imported successfully, select Tools | Performance | Assessment | Wizard Manager and select the Key Stage 2 Wizard England 2018. Open KS2 C. Test Outcomes 2018 marksheet.
Once the SATS results are imported into SIMS the Y6 student and comparative reports can be printed to hand out to parents along with their student end of year report.
More information regarding 2018 statutory assessment can be found on our Key Stage Assessments Help Topic. However, if you require any assistance please give us a call on 0191 433 8525 (option 1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org