2019 Phonics Threshold
The DfE have now announced that the 2019 threshold value for KS1 Phonics assessments is to be set at 32.
The threshold value will need to be input into Y1 and Y2 Phonics marksheets within SIMS.net to enable the calculation of appropriate Wa/Wt Grades. To update the threshold value follow the instructions below.
- Open SIMS.net and navigate to Tools | Performance | Assessment | Wizard Manager.
- Select the Year 1 Phonics Screening Wizard 2019, Press Next.
- Ensure the correct group is attached then press Next.
- Double click on the Phonics Screening marksheet to open.
- Right Click on the column header Threshold Score Phonics Y1 and choose Select Grade for Column.
- Select the value 32 and click OK.
- Select Calculate then click Save to close the marksheet.
The above process can then be repeated using the Year 2 Phonics Screening Wizard 2019 for any Y2 students that did not pass the threshold in the last academic year.
More information regarding 2019 statutory assessment can be found on our Key Stage Assessments Help Topic. However, if you require any assistance please give us a call on 0191 433 8525 (option 1).